CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 17, 2011

My Little Z-Bird...Update


Today my father in law and my mother in law took me and zz to children's to get her bandages changed and her wounds cleaned up. She has more 3rd degree burns then they thought. But she looks so good and is doing so good that they didnt have to bandages back on. I almost wish they had though because now she is at more of a risk of infection but they know what they are doing and they said it is best for her to not having bandages on at all but we have to treat and clean her wounds and little body everyday at least 3 times a day and treat them. She cannot leave the house or my in-laws house (and if she even goes across the street to my in-laws house she has to be completely dressed in her loose clothing in all the places she has burned.) We also have to work with her neck because she has about an inch and half to 2 inches of a 3rd degree burn on her neck and it is in a place where if it gets stiff it could be bad so we have to work with it and make her stretch her neck and it only has be looking at us and things like that so nothing too difficult. It still looks nasty but it will for awhile and the redness will go away in about a year to a year and a half. We have to give her at least 4 ounces of pedialyte a day and as much formula as she will drink and try to get her to eat things with protein. And we do that until we go back next monday. We will go from there. But thank you so much for all of your prayers!

Now today i found out exactly how much that El Dorado saved my little girl's life. I knew that she was this sick gray color like death gray. And i knew that her body temp was really low and i knew that she was dehydrated. And i dont know if i didnt put it together or what but today as the burn drs were doing her discharge and giving me the info they told me that when she was in El Dorado when she was brought in that she wasnt breathing because the burns had caused her lungs to swell and it blocked her airway. I told this to my hubby and he said that he knew but he didnt say anyting because i was upset as it was and so he just kept it to his self. It was probably a good thing because i dont know how well i wouldve been able to handle it a week ago. But as it was i balled like a baby. If it wasn't for the dr's at El Dorado and for all of the prayers that my little birdie got she wouldnt be here. God really is good. I do so much appreciate all of the prayers. please keep them coming.

tonight I had to clean her burns and treat them myself and have to do it 3x a day. well tonight was the first time. it broke m heart. I think that I cried about as much as she did. It was so hard. I hated seeing her in so much pain but it had to be done. It was so hard. But it is what the dr told me i had to do for her health and so i continued. After i got her cleaned up I had to calm her down and io finally got her to sleep. Then i just balled.

Please continue to pray because I know that there is a long road ahead of her. The burn dr's said that it will feel like she has a sunburn for a awhile and she will be really tender. Thank you again!

Love,
Jenny

4 comments:

  1. Love you Jenny and we are still praying for yu and ZZ
    Amie

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are blogging again, even happier she is doing so good

    squish

    ReplyDelete